Course Search Engine Optimization (English)
Getting to the top of the list on popular search engines like Google and Bing: it’s the best way to drive traffic to your website. But how can you get that top position?
At this SEO Course, you will learn how to effectively optimise your SEO ranking. You will get acquainted with a few SEO tools available on the internet and explore the factors that influence your ranking.
Deze training bieden we ook aan in het Nederlands.
What is search engine optimisation (SEO)?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) ensures that your site scores higher in the organic, unpaid search results from engines like Google. SEO involves making certain changes to your website to make it more attractive to a search engine. That makes your site more findable, and helps you reach a broader audience.
Search engines want to provide the best service for their users. This means delivering results that are not only high quality, but also relevant to what the searcher is looking for. If you can understand how to deliver that, you can attract more and more traffic to your website.
You can improve your site’s ranking in search results by addressing various components, like content, meta description, link-building and other techniques on the back-end of your website. This helps you increase your authority and improve your SEO score.
What can you do after following the course Search Engine Optimization (English)
- You will discover the foundations for everything you’ll ever do in SEO.
- You will explore the content side of SEO and learn about the type of keywords people use to find your website.
- Using competitor analysis, you will uncover what type of content and keywords will rank high in a search engine.
- You will learn how Google finds its way on your website.
- You will understand how link-building works.
- You will learn the on-site tricks to improve the chances that visitors find and click on your website instead of the competitors’.
- You will learn how to optimise your website.
- And, you’ll learn the tricks that Google will punish you for using.
Who is the trainer?
Sharon van Sprang has been a marketing consultant for decades. Her mission is to give small- and medium-sized businesses access to smart strategies that will help establish an effective marketing process. Sharon teaches SEO strategy at Competence Factory. She’ll not only teach you how to implement SEO, but also to focus on the strategy that will bring your business the best result.
SEO can be very overwhelming. Which steps do you need to take to implement an effective SEO strategy? Sharon will give you an easy, step-by-step action plan that will lead you safely through the SEO jungle.
Content of the Course Search Engine Optimization (English)
- SEO fundamentals.
- What is the difference between SEO and SEA (Search Engine Advertising)?
- What is the job of the robots on Google and Bing?
- Which techniques can give you a head start on your competition?
- What are backlinks, and what is a good link-building strategy?
- Why understanding the customer journey is important for your SEO strategy.
- Tips and tricks that will help you rank on the first pages.
- What can you learn from your competitors.
- How to set up an SEO strategy that works.
- How to create a content strategy that will help you rank high in search results.
- Measuring SEO performance.
- Selecting keywords and creating an SEO plan.
- Aligning SEO with your business objectives.
For whom is the course Search Engine Optimization (English) intended?
The course is right for anyone who owns or manages a website, and wants to score higher in organic search results. This includes:
- online marketers
- communications professionals
- content managers
- freelancers with their own website
How can I prepare?
Before you begin the course, you need to create a Google Ads account. You don’t need to prepare anything else, and there is nothing to read or study beforehand. You’ll get everything you need during the course.
Training start date